SSAE 16 Audit Cost
At Auditwerx, we have a standardized pricing structure developed from years of experience conducting SSAE 16 engagements. For a U.S. or Canada-based service organization with one or two locations, 5 to 200 employees, and one to three standard services for their customers, SSAE 16 audit cost is typically in the standard range.
However, there are many factors that affect the cost of an SSAE 16 audit. Here are five factors with the biggest impact:
- Type of business. Service businesses in different industries or with different business models have different levels of complexity, standard internal controls, and regulatory requirements.
- Number of locations. Auditors review the headquarters office and offices or facilities that conduct operations related to the scope of the audit or house computer servers involved in the services the company provides. This may include travel.
- Number of employees. Depending on the nature of the services in the scope of the engagement and the number of staff interviews or walkthroughs to be performed.
- Number of applications. Auditors are required to test representative samples of transactions for each application included in the scope of the audit that provides financial reporting.
- Deadline. The typical time to produce an SSAE 16 report is six to eight weeks. It is more expensive to expedite the process.
Contact us today for more information on the cost of SSAE 16 audits and to discuss your requirements.